Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Lake Macatawa, Michigan

These are images from my trip to Saugatuck with Tony in July 2007. I still have not resumed doing Photoshop tutorials but just from processing at least 10 images every day I am learning the effects of various adjustment tools in the program that I have already learned. 

Learning is a continual process and cumulative. After I found out about washed out details from too little or too  much exposure, I have corrected these before doing anything else. Now I find out that while increasing fill light to reduce the no-detail blackness improves the image (unless I want to leave the black areas dark), correcting from too much exposure sometimes is not necessary depending on whether I want the details to show. It all depends on what the image requires. The way the image looks in the end is what matters. Now if I was to print these photos I might take a different approach to restoring washed-out details.
For posting on the Internet, images tend to look better when I really push up the saturation and add to the clarity in Adobe Raw editing. Somehow, posting the images tends to wash out the colors, maybe because I have chosen white as background for Flickr and this blog. Compare these photos, for instance, with the photo in the previous post from Sorrento.



No comments: