Sunday, October 12, 2008

Lake Delaware

I took over 300 pictures at Fort Harrison with Tony yesterday. So far I've found only these five that are barely okay. Most of the images were blurred or overexposed. I took better pictures on 86th Street the other day!

Just now, I discovered that I had somehow turned off the motion stabilizer. With the heavier lens, the camera is not as stable so I should be more careful about holding the camera steady.
Fort Harrison was decommissioned many years ago. I knew the grounds had been turned into a park but had never visited until yesterday. The grounds include some of the most scenic in the city with hills, streams and a small lake. It is not as extensive as Eagle Creek, the main city reservoir and its largest park, but it is closer to me. I inquired about a season pass - $36 for a year that starts in January. 

If I am still interested, I might get a pass in January. There are plenty of trails to explore. On a sunny, temperate Saturday like yesterday there were plenty of people there enjoying the grounds. Bikers, joggers, and families with children were scattered throughout the park without giving it the appearance of being crowded. I do like seeing people in a park. I like nature best when I see the marks of human presence and design.



No comments: