Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The First Scott and Arron Shoot

I have not done any more work on the Photoshop tutorials. I should probably finish at least Deke McClelland's first tutorial before reprocessing my model shots for smugmug.com. 

To maintain my interest however I keep processing some images that I download to both Flickr and smugmug.com. I've found out that I can salvage more images from my old shoots just with the little additional knowhow I've acquired with Photoshop.
This morning, I processed five more images from the faulty Fort Harrison shoot I did with Tony last Saturday. The camera was set for indoor shooting so most of the images had to be adjusted in Photoshop. Increasing the "back light" corrects much of the dark lighting.

Later I worked on the first images I shot of Scott and Arron in June. Wow! It's been that long ago? I was still experimenting with lighting then so many of the images were either blurred or dark. I processed some of the dark ones. I am still re-visioning what I think of as good photographs. My ideas of a good photograph are still those of an amateur photographer. Sharpness and correct colors are foremost. I need to master these two areas, of course, but have to find my own "vision."



No comments: