Saturday, September 27, 2008

Whither Now, Voyager?



Zac was the second model I shot since the hiatus when Scott and Arron decided not to do any more shoots. I have been chatting up a few of the muscle boys at the gym but after agreeable, even enthusiastic starts, they have all been procrastinating. Their bodies just are not good enough. It's the old adage: more is less, less is more!

I have not really been too active recruiting models.  I have been devoting time instead to improving my photo-editing skills. I have a ways to go before I'd think my images are ready to compete with those of other professional photographers.

Editing Zac's images is the first time I am using some of what I've learned from Deke McClelland's tutorials. Batch-editing on Bridge has revolutionized the post-production workflow. I am certain there are many more major "revolutions" ahead. I am just really skimming the surface of the soup!

Meanwhile, now that I've acquired some familiarity with the Canon D5 and the two new L Canon lenses I want to set about taking photography more seriously. I love shooting models and will always shoot models whenever I can but my interest in other types of images is resurrecting. I'm afraid I've caught the "L Disease." I am getting addicted to L images which in my own myopic view are astounding. Increasingly I am finding the sweet spot in photography. The sky's literally the limit!

No comments: