Saturday, September 13, 2008

Aaron and Scott Take Photos

I shot Aaron and Scott at four occasions in June and July. Our last shoot came when I began to realize I needed to work on color correction so most of the photos from that shoot have not been posted.

I aspire to something I have never had. My mind is used to taking analytical, rational approaches. I want to learn to take the scenic route. I am always surprised at the viewpoints other people, especially young people, take confronted with situations I face. Experience overwhelms us into seeing the world one way. For me art is taking that scenic route, not through tourist-infested landscapes but through unfamiliar byways. We see the world again as God must have seen it minutes he brought it into existence!

I have been reading Amal Naj's book on hot peppers. Creating art is like eating hot peppers at the start of a meal. The pepper burns tongue and mouth and awakens us to taste sensations again. Heaven is too near us to only dream about it. We must find it here now.

No comments: