Tuesday, September 9, 2008

When Duende Dances!

Yesterday was a struggle, today danced! The way of energy is incomprehensible. Why is it high one day even when indicators (read superstition) are contrary and some days is eminently absent?

I spent much of the morning on finances. I cleared some issues and although they are not completely resolved I see the way to resolution open and unobstructed. It's a matter of time. I decided not to break at noon for the gym, just broke for lunch and returned to doing tutorials. I am pleased with myself. My Flash web project is recognizable though I am barely a fifth through Morris' book. Video tutorials are definitely easier.

I did close to an hour of Photoshop video tutorials with Deke McClellan then spent half an hour with Scott Kirby's book. I am working on Photoshop with four different instructors which is not a bad way to do it. Doing one program at a time gets onerous. Deke is very easy to follow but Scott jumps into practical ideas that I can immediately apply to my work with photographs. Just reading a few pages from his 7-Point System book I created this headshot of Aaron.

When the energy is present it buzzes. Zack emailed me that he wants his shoot next week. At the gym, Rich is finally over his cold. He was busy this evening bulking his muscles up again. I'd give him another week to get back in shape and we'll shoot.

I walked seven miles at the gym and did weights too. It's my best workout in over two weeks! Maybe the sunny day with little humidity that followed last night's rain and hail storm cleared the air for duende to come through. I suspect this is just how energy patterns go. Unpredictable, it is either famine or feast and I'll just have to moan or dance whichever phase of it I get.

No comments: