Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Michigan Summer Paradise of the Senses

Still and video photography are coming together in the same device. Witness the amazing Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Nikon D5000. But for older camcorder owners like me, the old truism prevails. Forget taking a good still photograph on a video camcorder! Today I scrounged around for the USB cable for my Sony HDV HC7 to download the accumulated images I've recently taken with the camera when it was the only camera I had to take still photos. Processing these on Photoshop also showed the limitations of the camcorder for taking still images. Nonetheless, I would not have had even these images if the camcorder didn't have a still photo option!
 
Michigan in the summer is my closest heaven. I love the sound of crashing waves, the fine-sand beaches that seem to stretch forever, and dunes to climb, feet sinking into warm sand that turn surprisingly cold as the feet sink under the sun-warmed surface. Michigan is sensory paradise for someone who grew up on islands surrounded by the wildly blue Pacific.

Posted via email from Duende Arts

No comments: