Friday, July 10, 2009

The next video project: the Aegean Islands?

I'm a few editing strokes from completing the video on Dubrovnik so I am looking through my photos to set upon my next travelogue project. I should start working on my interviews on the "spiritual lives of ordinary people" and learn to shoot green or blue screen to add another dimension to travel documentaries. I have over fifty miniDV hour-long tapes but these are all shot with me not stabilizing the camera and panning ad lib. I need to create footages that I don't need to stabilize in iMovie. When the Dubrovnik video is finished I want to do another video on iMovie using large-file import, then do an HD import and project before moving back to FCP.
 
I need one more hard drive to create a bootable backup drive for my system drive then plan to turn two of my internal eSATA drives into a 0 RAID array and directly capture video into the computer. That would involve additional purchases that I want to put off until I get my feet firmly in water.
 
We arrived in Mykonos with just a few minutes of sunset. The light completely disappeared by the time we had walked from the quay to the town so I took this and a couple of flash pictures and that was all. I would someday like to visit Mykonos and stay a couple of days although admittedly it is now so commonplace and overly touristy. Still the island has its charms. When we were there I remember a couple of intriguing conversations with local people who spoke English. As I become more confident and competent with videos the scope of topics I want to shoot is exponentially exploding, limited, of course, by financial resources and opportunity.

Posted via email from Duende Arts

No comments: