Saturday, July 25, 2009

Improvements on My Video Workflow

I re-captured video I shot in Saugatuck in 2007 preparatory to making a video about the popular Michigan summer resort. I had captured some of these clips on my old Power Mac when I did my first video about Brock's first encounter with a beach and waves. Viewing the footage again tonight I came up with these improvements to my video workflow:
 
1. Shoot more close-ups
2. Start shooting with the HVR-Z1U with microphones
3. Shoot more from the car with someone else driving (instead of dolly shoots)
4. Shoot more using a tripod (I have to graduate from using iMovie's stabilization feature)
5. Shoot more creative angles
6. Shoot MORE, MORE! - I have tons of miniDV tapes. Use them.
 
I was impressed by how much footage I had from these two trips to Saugatuck in 2007 and how much of it appeared usable. I am finally viewing clips I've taken in the last five years but seldom watched after I stuck the used cassettes away somewhere. Now all the tapes are labeled and a few even have shot-by-shot catalogue lists!

Posted via email from Duende Arts

No comments: