Friday, July 24, 2009

A Kaleidscope of Mostly Asian Flavors


This has been so far the coolest July in memory. I love cool weather like this though others in these temperate climes say they want to feel the intense heat of summer. I've been cooking more, especially as I've invited over for a swim party, a video party, any excuse to get together and enjoy the weather. I have yet to use the garden hose to water the garden and that is something I have not done since I started the garden 22 years ago!

This spicy green beans (Masaledar sem) is my favorite among my recent explorations, the dish most likely to become a regular in my repertoire. This was the first time I cooked with Indian spices. The aroma of roasting cumin was wonderful! I "doctored" the recipe before serving it. A dash of Balsamic vinegar and Bragg's amino acids did wonders to the final product! The next time I cooked it, I cut back on the vegetable oil and that made the result, I think, more intense.

Posted via email from Duende Arts

No comments: