Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Rosemary Roast Chicken Platter

In November my friend, Kevin, suggested I cut out sugar and salt from my diet to spare my pancreas. I was having my friend, Linda, over for her birthday and decided we would have roast chicken. This recipe was the result. I cleaned and washed the whole chicken, rubbed the inside and outside with lemon and lime slices, crushed garlic,and black pepper (in this order), marinated it for two hours at room temperature in a covered pan just large enough to hold the chicken and the juices, and roasted it at 350°F, 20 minutes for every pound. The chicken roasts more evenly when stuck upright in the broiling pan, using metal supports attached to the grill.
 
Yesterday's roast was the moistest breast of chicken I've had! It goes well with brown rice boiled with dried kelp bundles to tenderize it, and fresh-sliced ripe tomatoes with Dijon mustard and curly parsley were perfect accompaniments.

Posted via email from Duende Joes

No comments: