Monday, November 3, 2008

Personal Images

I had friends over yesterday for the feast of Todos Los Santos. Ostensibly we gathered so Audrey could learn to make pie crust. She had talked before about wanting to make peach cobbler and a pie was a step-up.

I was so focused on making things flow that I didn't think about taking pictures until late afternoon in a break in the frantic activities. I set the Blu-Ray player to show Journey to the Center of the Earth while I washed the pots and pans, finished the pie, and put the kitchen back into manageable disarray. I could have used the Canon 20D and checked out the pop-up flash since I got it back from repairs but instead used my cheap, generic flash with the Canon 5D. The picture of Audrey was the best of the lot.
There is an opportunity to prepare photo images for an actor who had paid me to shoot head shots. He has signed up for a local agency that wants him to submit a CD of 30 to 40 images the agency will use to print various comp cards. I am still deliberating whether to take the job.

I point myself in the direction I want my life to go but I am much more open to what actually happens. I continue to enjoy taking photographs.  I believe enjoying the work activity is the most crucial part of work. I also believe work will create its own design. My sole responsibility is to take responsibility for each day.

No comments: