Friday, May 15, 2009

With a new step every day!

The trees say summer but spring linger in the cool air and wet days that we're having in Indiana. Going on a walk one day last week when the sun was shining I took this photo of the river from the bridge at River Crossing. Amazing! It felt just not long ago when all I saw were naked winter branches of trees and the gray water.

I have not posted in over a week. I have been reviewing what it is that I am doing. I am not happy at all with the photographs I have taken. They are too conventional. I have a few photos that I am proud of but I can number them on the fingers of one hand. Meanwhile I've started working on video. There is so much to learn in software processing but the bottom line lies on the quality of the images I capture.

Oh well, I can only start where I am. The lyrics of a George Gershwin tune, I'll Build a Stairway to Paradise, comes to mind:

Begin today
You'll find it nice
The quickest way to paradise,
When you practice,
Here's the thing you know,
Simply say as you go...

I'll build a stairway to paradise
with a new step every day!

Posted via email from Duende Arts

No comments: