Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Richer color and details with the Canon EF 24-70 mm 2.8L lens

I couldn't resist the annual Canon lens sale. I bought the 24-70 mm L and started using it yesterday. I shot this photo this morning using a low F stop then increasing the exposure in Photoshop. The colors and details are rich. The best thing about it is taking portrait shots in the studio. Now I can get as close as 1.3 feet of the subject whereas the 70-200 mm required 3 feet. The new lens make my lens collection closer to completion. Now I just need a close-up lens, the EF 16-35 mm f2.8L.
 
Okay, I can stop joking now. One can't have enough lenses if money was no problem. I do need to stop at this point and get serious about shooting. I have two model shoots scheduled this week. I might cancel one of them so I can focus on the one model that I find really exciting. He is agreeable to doing artistic nudes and will even bring his own female partner. What more can I want?

Posted via email from Duende Arts

No comments: