Monday, August 25, 2008

Abby at Thirteen


I worked with Abby's mom, Linda, at my old Broad Ripple office. Through the years, Linda had spoken about her daughter whose photos were in frames in her office.

When I told Linda that I was doing model photography, she volunteered that her daughter was interested in modeling. 
Abby has never modeled before.

I suggested they come late in the afternoon so I could shoot Abby in the studio and then outdoors at the lake at Keystone at the Crossing. I walk weekend evenings at the lake and have noted sites along the route that I thought would make great backgrounds for photos.

Sunlight in high summer is very intense. Even at 6:30 when the two arrived at my studio, the light was still glaring. I had suggested that Abby not put on makeup but she had done this on her own. It was not  heavy so I thought it'd be okay. 

In the studio, after getting the hang of a shoot, Abby went into poses that made me think she indeed has had thoughts about modeling. Her young body was very malleable. This is probably why slim models are so popular in fashion modeling. The models can bend their bodies into romantic shapes that in most of us would appear more like painful contortions rather than beautiful.

Here are two photos from the studio shoot. For more photos and for the outdoor shoot, visit duendearts.smugmug.com.

No comments: